This is one of the most visible parts of your blog!
The featured post area is a great opportunity for you to customize with posts created specifically for your niche.
The image below shows how the “Featured Posts” area comes by default.
The example below shows how the featured posts area can be customized for a horse owner/lover niche.
MANAGING THE FEATURED POSTS AREA
To manage the featured posts in the main slider section of the home page, go to your DASHBOARD > ACHIEVER’S THEME.
Now click on “FEATURED PANEL”
The next set of steps correspond to the numbers on the image lower below:
- Check the “Enable Featured” box. This enables the whole featured posts section to display on the top of your home page. If left un-checked, the featured posts will no longer display on your home page.
- Type into the “Featured Tags” field any tags that you would like to add to posts that you want to be displayed in the featured posts section at the top of your home page. These tags are what tell the theme what posts to include in this area. You can add multiple tags by separating it with a comma. PLEASE NOTE: We have already included the “Featured” tag as you can see in the image below. What this means is that any post tagged with the word “featured” will be included in the featured post area at the top of your home page. Posts in this area will show up with the most recent post at the top. Please do not include more than three posts with tags from the “Featured Tag” field, as it will confuse the theme and will cause the whole featured posts area to break.
- Choose the “Effect” of the animation on the slider, either Slide or Fade.
- Choose whether the slideshow will pause when hovered in the “Hover Pause” area.
- Choose the “Animation Speed.”
- Click the “Auto Start” if you want the slideshow to start animating when the homepage is loaded or refreshed.
- Last, select “Auto Slide Interval” for how many seconds the slide pauses before sliding or fading to the next.
In order to make sure that the proper image appears in the featured post area at the top of your home page, make sure to upload a “featured image” for that post.
You will find the “featured image” area on the post’s edit screen, on the bottom of the right-hand side.
The exact featured image size to use in the featured posts section is 650×290 pixels. However, if you are close in size, the theme will automatically fit it into image space provided on the home page. Where you can run into problems is using images that are not wide or tall enough. In this case the theme will automatically stretch them, making them look awkward and sometimes fuzzy.